Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wine Country!

I started our third day of our south island trip with a walk on Little Kaiteriteri beach watching the sun come up.  It was gorgeous!  We made our way to Blenheim, one of New Zealand's wine areas, via a quick stop in Nelson.  My friend Laura and I worked together while we lived there and we stopped in to say hello.  Dorothy and I did some wine tasting and Bush was our DD.  What a trooper!  We had a fantastic meal at Wither Hills and finished the night up with a walk around Blenheim and a casual dinner of kebabs.  
Sunrise from Little Kaiteriteri beach


View of our wonderful B&B!

View from our kitchen window.  Ferns remind me of New Zealand.

Stair way to the cathedral that over looks Nelson.


Laura, Sophia and Me.  It was so great to catch up!

Our first stop in the wine country was at Herzog.  Me hold a bottle of Cuve Therese!  The owner's name is Therese.  Could not resist buying a bottle of sparkling rose!

Next stop Hunter's Wines.  We had a walk through their gardens as well.

Enjoying the sun, scrumptious lunch and the views from Wither Hills!







1 comment:

Theresa Miller said...

I've really loved reading about your trip!