I thought I would spend this rainy day here in Seattle to show how we have spent the last couple of weekends enjoying our summer. Some of our warmest weekends were in September. We have been swimming, hiking and enjoying the sun! But from the looks of it outside these are just precious memories and fall is here.

Enjoying the sun at Matthew's Beach with the Allen Family.

Emma and Marlen playing in the sand.

That is Bush and Todd swimming in Lake Washington. Mind you the water is about 60*F!

Having some lunch.

The next Phelps!

Yummy Watermelon!

Marlen and I braving the FREEZING water!

Proof that we actually swam.
Last weekend Bush and I had a nice walk through Discovery Park on the Puget Sound. Discovery Park is built on the historical grounds of Fort Lawton and has a beautiful lighthouse that overlooks the sound. Both are on the National Register of Historic Places.


Looking across the sound with the Olympics in the background.

Mt. Baker peeking over the hills.

Bush taking it in...
The next day Bush and I took a 4 hour hike into to the hills of the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. We have beautiful hiking with in just over an hour outside of Seattle.

On the trail....

The beautiful lakes.


Rainbow Lake where we had lunch.

Mason Lake.

View on our way back overlooking the valley.

Mt. Rainier

Plaque honoring the man who brought the Ira Spring trail to life!

Bush taking in the view.
No comments:
Post a Comment