Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Trip to Rainier

Bush and I decided to make the most of yesterday to head out to Mt. Rainier. We wanted to see what she looked like with out 10 ft. of snow like the last time we were there. Although there was not very much snow on the ground, there was plenty in the sky. The weather man got it a bit wrong so we were a little under prepared which explains the gorgeous head piece I purchased to keep my ears warm. But none the less it was well worth the trip down there to hike and see the mountain with out her blanket of snow!

Bear on hill above the road at Paradise.
Paradise visitor's center. This sidewalk was hidden under snow when we were there last.
Stairs that lead down to the visitor's center. Again all of this was completely under snow. What a difference two months makes!
Bush standing where he and Dot posed for a pic a while back.

Trail head...looks a little different...there is actually a trail!
About the same spot where Dot and I posed in front of Rainier.


On the trail.
Where Bush rode down the snow chute the last time we were there.
Wildflowers.




View of Rainier from mid way up.
View of Panorama point.




Where we stopped for lunch last time. Not much of a view with the snow so we kept going. I was ready to get out of the wet. It took us two hours last time to make it to Panorama point. It took us 51 minutes yesterday. What a difference hiking in the snow makes!

Steepest climb of our snowy summit last time. We hiked practically almost vertical digging our feet into the snow. This time the trail wove its way around.
Warning!


1 comment:

Landry said...

Dear Ms. Therese--

I just wanted you to know that Mommy found your blog from Mrs. Danielle's today and is now going to fence peek...hope that's ok!

Call us if you're even in SF, ok? I can't wait to meet you!