Sunday, August 14, 2011

Enjoying the PNW!

August is the first month this summer that we will be home the entire month! So each weekend we are getting out and enjoying the Pacific Northwest. You can't really call the weather "summer" out here as we have not had a full day in the 80's. Yikes! But it is still nice to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Bush and I love to hike and there are some great hikes around Seattle. We are flanked by two mountain ranges so there are a ton. We went back to one of our favorites last weekend and we were not disappointed!



Hiking Bandera summit! This is a beautiful hike with wild flowers. And you can usually see Mt. Rainier and all her glory but she was hiding behind the clouds. Never the less, it was gorgeous! At this point in the hike, you are scrambling using both hands. Needless to say my vertigo was kicking in!













There are gorgeous flowers along the way but I thought these little clusters were so fascinating!

















On the climb! We didn't take any pics from the summit as we were climbing through the clouds and they never really broke until we were hiking down.
















Bush on the way down.



















Enjoying the wild flowers.












This weekend we were invited out on our friends Mark and Sean's boat! We picked Saturday because it was supposed to be the best day of the weekend with the sun to make an appearance by 2:00. She didn't make her appearance until about 4:30 when we were headed back to the marina. But we still had a wonderful trip around the lake.



Lake Union is the lake right in the middle of Seattle. It is busy! Especially on a summer day with boats, sail boats and sea planes. It is unbelievable still to me to watch them land in the middle of all the boats with such precision!









Mark and Bush chillin. I some how did not get a pic of Sean during our whole day out. Calls for another boat trip!











Bush and I with the Space Needle in the background. You can see my many layers, Dress that doubles as a shirt, cardigan and I have jeans on. In my bag I had a scarf and my bikini. You just never know about the weather around here!







Grillin'! We enjoyed an amazing lunch, burgers, chicken, salads and indoor smores! Always a hit. You can see the blue making her late debut!













BTW--Blogger is doing crazy things to my layout and not really working. If you have tips please let me know!

1 comment:

Theresa Miller said...

Beautiful pictures! I can't wait to come out in September and visit. Can we do a hike while I'm in town? Let me know and I will pack appropriately. Miss you!