Saturday, April 17, 2010

Progress?

Hi All!
It has been a while since I have posted. We have been super busy with house projects. We spend every minute of the weekends working although it seems like we haven't gotten a whole lot done. I guess it just takes A LOT longer when you are doing it on your own! We have now painted every room and done lots of touch up paint. We started working on all of the trim a couple of weekends ago and blinds were suppose to be installed yesterday. One was the wrong size and now the other has stopped working less than 24 hours later but nevertheless we have made some progress. Please don't judge the messiness but thought I would show a few pics. Hope everyone is enjoying the Spring!


Bush working on the window.

Trying to get the painted window "un-painted" and the storm window off. Don't try this at home!





Picture window done!

View of the dining room. We had actually had everything cleared off of the table and our living room was starting to look like a living room and now we are back to this!

Me working on the fire place.


Spring progress in the yard! It is so fun to see what is popping up in our yard. We have a lot of work to do there too. We have done a little but we have a long way to go. One project at a time.


Bush has made major progress in the yard as the majority of it was moss when we moved in! We have 6 more weekends until our first visitors arrive. Hopefully we can get it all done by then! I will post more as we make more progress!

xoxo,
Therese

4 comments:

Theresa Miller said...

It's adorable! I love the big window in the front, and I love the fireplace too. You guys have done a great job, and I can't wait to see even more pics!

dbfontenot said...

So cute! Such a fun time in life--I miss those times. It makes me want to move!!! Hope all is well with you and Bush. One day we'll get a trip together!

Nicole said...

I love it!!! Looks great!
The chandelier above your dining table is adorable, and I love the armoire in there as well. The picture window is PERFECT!!
Ya'll are doing great!!

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

wow, what improvements - you can definitely tell that y'all have been busy!! i, like theresa and nicole, love the picture window and fireplace. though, unlike danielle, am not jealous of the time and energy that i know y'all must be putting in :) we only have baker's room and the kids' bathroom to do right now, and we are dreading it! keep posting more pics - looks quite precious!!