Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ethiopian Celebration!

On Friday night we enjoyed an Ethiopian feast with Mary Beth and Guy to celebrate our engagement and also catch up with each other. Mary Beth has been working nights for the past 6 weeks and I don't think I have seen her but a few times during that schedule! It was a very memorable experience for all of us as it was our first time to eat Ethiopian food.


It is customary to feed those that you love!


Our dinner that you share from a main platter and eat with unleavened bread. No plates, no forks, no nothin' to help you eat your meal.





Guy enjoying the food. It was pretty good although I am not a huge fan of eating lots of bread. And I also had to get over my issues of thinking what would happen if someone you were eating with went to the bathroom and did not wash their hands? Not that anyone I was with would do that or actually went to the bathroom while we were there. But it just makes you think!



The entertainment singing Ethiopian tunes. There were also a few people dancing a typical dance which kinda reminded us of the chicken dance. It was a very cultural experience!





No comments: