We spent our second day in Vancouver, 4th of July, walking the sea wall around Stanley Park and taking a trolley tour of the city. Dorothy and I found American Flags in the Canadian gift shop while shopping in Gastown. We had a very multicultural 4th of July as we also went to Chinatown. We wrapped up our day with a dinner at Milestones over looking the beach where I found a booth that was printed with the words of our Declaration of Independence. Although we missed out on fireworks we enjoyed our Vancouver style 4th of July!

Girl in a Wetsuit. What a difference a day makes. Compare to the picture in the previous blog.

Dorothy and I waiting for the Trolley.
On the Trolley. First stop...Stanley Park.
("Big Bend, Parliament," Dorothy exclaimed as we had spent quite a bit of time in Stanley Park. I got a kick out of that quote and used it for the rest of the trip. This trip did feel a little like European Vacation!)
Gastown clock. The most photographed spot in all of Vancouver as I learned from one of our Trolley drivers. (The same one who also told me I should by my sister a drink since the drinking age in Canada was 19. Dorothy was flattered by his comment as she is turning 30 in September!)

A little history about Gastown.

Dorothy and "Old Glory."
Our 4th of July celebration begins in the Canadian gift shop.
Architecture of Gastown.
Dot and I shopping in Gastown.

Impromptu lunch. That is our trolley in the background.

The entrance to Chinatown. This is actually on the other side of the gate but Dorothy and I were surrounded by a few "eccentric" people and decided it was best to keep walking. We did a little shopping here too. I found some lanterns and an antique market basket in a shop. The gentlemen in the shop loved our flags that we were wearing and gave us free tickets to the Chinese gardens as a "birthday" present!
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Gardens. The only true Chinese gardens outside of China.



Dorothy with my market basket in the gardens.


The hand-laid pebble courtyards.
One of the 43 different Leak windows.

Sunset over English Bay.
The Americans!
Flags of Beach Ave.
Dorothy sitting in the Independence booth!
Bush and I enjoying a raspberry mojito.
No comments:
Post a Comment