Monday, November 23, 2009

Back in the USA

We were so excited to welcome Todd and Emma back to the USA for their first visit since they moved to Norway. Bush and I drove down on Saturday to meet them at the Portland airport. We spent the rainy day hanging out at our hotel eating and swimming. We had an early wake up call for cartoons in bed and breakfast and then off to REI before taking them to get their car. It was too short but it was so fun to catch up for just a bit. We look forward to their trip back this summer when they will be bringing the new addition to the states to meet family and friends!






Waiting at the airport.



Here they come!







Emma and her Welcome balloon! I had to remind her a few times that I didn't speak Norwegian!




Jumping on the bed eating a peanut butter sandwich...things you get away with while mom is not there. ;)







Sitting poolside.



Is and Emma.



Drying off...



Dinner??? The hotel had a happy hour so we went down to check it out. Emma was such a trooper! Flying all the way from Norway with 3 hours of sleep and she was still going at this point. Shortly there after she fell right to sleep!



Breakfast...and proof that Bush and Todd were both there.



Second bowl of fruit loops! Grandma's healthy meals were only a car ride away!




Hanging out...She has gotten so big since we saw her last!







Is and Emma by the fountain.



Partial extended family photo.



Everyone could not help to smile at Emma strolling through the lobby with her 80's inspired hair do that she did all by herself and wheeling her suitcase.



Too cute!



I couldn't help but take this pic. Emma had fallen asleep in our car and of course woke up when we had to make the transfer to their car...she only wanted Todd or her mom to hold her...not really an option at this point so she got to sit in the front seat.


I hope the seven hour car ride was better than this! :)


It was great to see you guys! xoxo

1 comment:

The Allens said...

Great pictures:-) I miss you:-( Can't wait to see you in June!